RFCA for Wales may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13 September 2017.
The Council of Reserve Forces and Cadets Association, Defence Relationship Management and the Reserve Forces and Cadet Associations (CRFCA, DRM & RFCAs) collect certain information or data about you when you access CRFCA, DRM & RFCAs websites and landing pages.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact CRFCA, DRM & RFCAs.
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts, and how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on.
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used.
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques.
This data can be viewed by authorised people in CRFCA, DRM & RFCAs and our suppliers, to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it.
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts.
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to.
- send email alerts to users who request them.
- allow you to access government services and make transactions.
- provide you with information about local services if you want it.
- we may also get in touch with you regarding Defence related research.
Where your data is stored
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA).
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
When you sign up to our email alerts
We use MailChimp for our email alerts.
Some of our providers have staff and servers based outside the EEA, and stores your data in the US.
As a subscriber to our email alerts, we may contact you from time to time to ask for your feedback on how to improve our email alert service.
Keeping your data secure
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit.
Any data you send is at your own risk
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Disclosing your information
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so. This includes exchanging information with other government departments for legal reasons.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites.
If you’ve signed up for email alerts like our monthly E-Newsletter, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time.
Links to other websites
CRFCA, DRM & RFCAs websites contain links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to a CRFCA, DRM & RFCAs website from another website
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to RFCA for Wales, Maindy Barracks, Cardiff, CF14 3YE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish your details to be removed from our database, please write to RFCA for Wales, Maindy Barracks, Cardiff, CF14 3YE or email us email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.